Custom, Professional Web Design Comes in Business-Savvy Packages: The Facts Business Owners Need About Custom Website Design
Professional web design is an intensive service that needs 15 to 20 hours of a designer’s time at an absolute minimum, plus added time for development, research, testing, and client communications. Web design packages will detail service offerings and strike a balance between your budget and the level of custom website design you need.
Custom Website Design: An Essential Investment
While any business wants to build a brand and develop a customer-pulling website, not every business owner feel ready to spend as required for their website, often because they aren’t informed or prepared for the investment. Having a professional online presence is more than a 10 dollar domain registration fee, and even an updated design template doesn’t provide the quality a custom website design does, which is necessary to create a lasting, stand-out impression for the visitor.
Profession Website Design: The Investment Beyond the Domain Name
Business owners are often surprised that there are costs beyond registering their domain. Here is a breakdown that should help with your expectations and your budgeting:
* Web hosting, usually around $120 or so each year, at a minimum, for a small website. Having a domain is fine and dandy, but without utilizing servers (think computers you aren’t ever supposed to turn off, run by someone else’s business) you won’t have any web pages of your own on that domain.
* SSL Certificates, which can cost as much as hosting, if you are an e-commerce website. Secure Socket Layer, or SSL, certificates, keep your site safe for customers when they enter important information, such as their credit card details. Trying to take customer payments without such protection is irresponsible and creates enormous liability for the firm.
* Marketing and Advertising Budgets, like PPC ads and content marketing, for which the budget varies greatly by business. Other such inclusions might be blogging, online media kit creation (as well as smaller components such as press releases), on and off page search engine optimization, and link-building campaigns. Building a website doesn’t bring visitors to you like magic…you still have to market.
* Stock photos or graphic creation to spruce up web copy and add to SEO tactics. Stock photos usually begin at a dollar per photo, whereas custom graphics are generally in the range of a few hundred dollars, or more.
* Web Copywriting. Your business needs words that speak to your customers, and words that sell, populating the pages of their website. Both a sales page and an about page are copy: while a sales page aims to make a sale, an about page opts to create a certain image of the company in the customers’ minds, which is important in building your reputation.
* Professional Website Design. Using a default theme, a barely edited or fully edited or not at all edited re-sell theme, or doing your own design, can all be very perilous to your business, right down to conversions and the bottom line. A unique design sets you apart and shows you are serious about your business, just like a lack of serious is conveyed in the absence of unique design.
Website Design Packages: How Should a Business Owner Choose?
Your design firm will have their own professional website design packages, which vary in level of custom website design services and ancillary services. A small business owner providing services and a large e-tailer selling hundreds or thousands of products will not have the same needs.
Additionally, depending on how many people will oversee the development of your custom website design, you’ll need to make sure you select web design packages that offer enough revisions that you will not incur additional costs as everyone piles on their revision requests.
The number of pages designed for you is also important…small businesses could make do with less than ten, and in a pinch, even five pages, but a larger corporation is going to need that many pages just for company bios or service pages.
The content management system (CMS) and chosen platform of your business website should also affect your choice of web design package. A site that needs hand-coding, custom sliders, unique contact forms, or anything of like is going to require a more feature-heavy packaged offering than a site that needs little more than smooth blogging functionality and clear contact details placement.
Another consideration is your turnaround time. The tighter the deadline, the less you can expect from your services as far as features go. No professional web designer is going to leave you high and dry, but they simply cannot find time to shake the world’s view of design if you tell them you needed your design yesterday, don’t laugh, and pay for an extremely short turnaround.
Professional Web Design Yields Professional Results: The Almighty Conversion
Your website needs to reel in customers in less time than is hardly even conscious: the real estate of the web user attention span costs a lot per square foot. Your website should work 24/7/365 at converting the visitor to the customer, serving an integral function as the number one member of your sales force.
Conversion rate domination is both an art and a science, and those functionalities mesh with custom website design. Placing your brand against the pulse of a customer and laser-focused precision of your aesthetics and copy is the difference in dramatic percentages. If the average lifetime value of a customer is a few hundred or several thousand dollars, even half a percent of a difference in conversion rates can mean moving yourself to another tax bracket.
Choosing quality, professional web design services that include custom website design can amp up sales and keep you from missing the money on the table. Online searchers are both researchers and buyers, so select web design packages that will convert visitors.